Club football is still on pause mode as FIFA still holds the dancing floor towards the Brazil 2014. Arsenal is brooding for the weekend and We celebrate Mesut Ozil’s Birthday. Happy Birthday Ozil.

Now the main koko:

According to a Reuters report, two Somali suicide bombers, whose intention was to kill many football fans during Sunday’s 2014 World Cup play-off between Ethiopia and Nigeria in Addis Ababa, accidentally blew themselves up before they could carry out the attack.

The explosion took place in the Bole district of the country’s capital, which is about 5km from the Addis Ababa Stadium where thousands of fans gathered to watch the game.

 “They were Somali nationals and plotted to carry out a suicide attack disguised as fans on either the stadium or areas where large crowds gathered to watch the game,” Ethiopian government spokesman Shimeles Kemal said.

The blast happened one hour before kick-off and explosives, arms, hand grenades and football shirts, were found at the scene. Three suspects have been detained.

Shimeles added: “Heavy police presence must have caused their nervousness and state of agitation which led to the detonation that caused their own death.”

No sect has claimed reponsibility for the incident yet.

After the Game:

According to reports from Addis Ababa, irate Ethiopians attacked the Nigerian team bus, after their side lost 2-1 to the Super Eagles in Sunday’s 2014 World Cup play-off.

The bus conveying the Super Eagles from the stadium was delayed and even when they eventually drove out, the fans were waiting for them and hurled missiles at the vehicle, shattering the rear window.

 Midfielder Nosa Igiebor suffered a cut on his right palm after a big stone hit him and was attended to immediately by the team doctor Ibrahim Gyaran. NFF General Secretary Musa Amadu revealed that the incident forced the players to miss the dinner organised by the Nigerian Embassy in Ethiopia.

“Their bus was stoned, and a player was injured,” Amadu told the gathering. “As a result, the players do not feel safe enough to come out from their hotel.”

NFF Vice President Chief Mike Umeh, said the matter has been reported to the FIFA Security team at the match venue and Ethiopian Police.

This insecurity is worrying but the Eagles would fly out hopefully without major casualtiies. Insecurity and fan invasion, the bane of African Soccer.

off to the office, with my mind on the Glo NPFL.