5 lessons from the premier league: week 4
Champions Manchester city were held at stoke (1-1), blues had a goalless draw at loftus road, Liverpool salvage draw at sunderland (1-1), Norwich and westham fired blanks,Fulham spank WBA, spurs get first victory away to reading as Arsenal and United crush Soton and Lactics respectively.
- Chelsea needs a penalty to win. All the matches the blues has won this season had contained a penalty. No wonder Hazard wanted a penalty badly instead of a goal.
- Liverpool is yet to come to party. The draw at Sunderland sends Liverpool down and far away from the leaders. I wonder when they would click. The buys haven’t lived up to expectation. They have only Suarez
- This Arsenal is different: the 6-1 demolition of Southampton eulogies Wenger’s works and beliefs. It is worthy to note that city and united struggled against this soton side. The gunners were ruthless. Watch out.
- United don’t need rvp: fergie’s 4-0 win over wigan shows he doesn’t need rvp to carry his burden. Others can: buttner and powell. Many expected a tight win or a draw since rvp and rooney are injured.
- Nobody wants to forgive: Anton Ferdinard’s refusal to shake John Terry and Ashley Cole overshadowed the west London derby, reminding us of the Suarez-Evra incident. This will linger even if JT is cleared of the charges of racism by the FA. Expect Rio Ferdinard not to shake JT and Cole when they meet.
Follow on www.twitter.com/soccergunz
Nice summary Bro. But it is too early to feel a smug in any victory…the road still far.
Agreed. But this is just for the weekend, bt may be true at the end of the season. Thanks
The United scoresheet sure didnt reflect the play,Wigan wore out..a good team would have beaten ManU with such display. A tidy false9 tactics from the Prof..4man-attack rotating flow with ease.The blues sua nìd 2 decide on a play pattern,I dnt c any cohesion in dia team jst a bunch of individual talents dat cnt create anythng fantastic,except a penalty as d article rytly pointd out.