Following the 5-2 win at Reading on Monday night, I surfed through a popular argument facebook page in Nigeria: Cool Football Fans Club. Some gooners listed out our misfortunes and one particularly said we should have been above Chelsea if some chances were not missed.
Gooners went on to figure out the misses and chances that went begging and SimpaKolawale’s made my pick.
- Giroud’s miss against Sunderland on the opening day (+2pts)
- Giroud’s speculative shot against stoke where a through pass to Ramsey would have been easier. (+2pts)
- Gervinho’s wasteful shot over the bar against Manchester city (+2pts)
- Giroud’s side-netting against Chelsea (+1pt)
- Arteta’s last minute penalty kick miss against Fulham. (+2pts)
Now add that up and it would amount to 9 points missed. Adding this imaginary 9 points to our current 27 gives us 36 points, same as Manchester City.
Nevertheless, Arsenal season hasn’t been solely down to the strike force because every other department had had their fair share of contributions.
Let’s glory in our win and hope that it continues thus till we take our rightful position on the log: 4th or 1st?
Wait a minute, I read somewhere that a certain Stopilla Sunzu from former African champions League winners; TP Mozambe would join Arsenal soonest. He is a center half and can play defensive midfield. The Zambian can also score goals. Can he be the messiah?
By Thursday, we would know our next champions league foes. Barcelona?