All roads lead to Russia where the biggest football event is taking place with every other sport relegated to the background. Club football is paused for now as 32 nations battle to win the 2018 World Cup.
For the next one month the biggest news will be what happens in Russia. What has been happening at Arsenal since Unai Emery joined?
- Arsenal launched the new kits.
- Tomas Rosicky and his farewell game.
- The Premier League released the fixtures for the 2018/19 season. Unai Emery will manage his first Premier League game against champions Manchester City at the Emirates before travelling to Chelsea in the next game. Tough one for the Spaniard.
- Stephan Lichtsteiner joins Arsenal from Juventus. He would wear Jersey #12
- There were jersey number updates. El Neny takes #4, Cech takes #1, Xhaka gets his #34 and Bellerin has #2 to himself.
- Arsenal partner with Tidal and Visit Rwanda
- Ainsley Maitland-Niles signed a long term contract with the Gunners and will wear Jersey #15
- Arsenal will play Chelsea in the International Champions Cup preseason tournament in Dublin in August. There are also preseason games against Atletico Madrid and PSG in July.
- Arsenal linked with David Luiz, Steven Nzonzi, Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Lucas Torreira, Bernd Leno.
There are nine Gunners are in Russia for the World Cup – Mesut Ozil (Germany), Granit Xhaka (Switzerland), Stephan Lichtesteiner (Switzerland), Danny Welbeck (England), David Ospina (Colombia), Joel Campbell (Costa Rica), Nacho Monreal (Spain), and Nigeria’s Alex Iwobi. We wish them the best in Russia.
Russia have hit the road running with a 5-0 win over Saudi Arabia. Goals. Love it. Flying to Russia to have a feel of the Worl Cup.
Photo from Arsenal