The gunners traveled from North London to South Wales to grab 3 points from Swansea after a hard fought 2-0 win over Laudrup’s army. Nacho Monreal opened his arsenal account before Gervinho made it 2 in added time.
Below are my few takes from the match:
1. 3 points: Nothing tatse good like taking maximum points from a game especially against potential banana skins. Swansea stole 3 points from the emirates but the gunners paid back in same coin.
2. Clean Sheet: Since the return of Fabianski and Koscienly, the Arsenal have kept 2 straight clean sheets, a rare feat in modern day arsenal. I had expected us to concede but fabianski didn’t even make a save.
3. Swansea’s No Shot On Target: the fear of Muchi was on my mind after his goal scoring form against Arsenal and other big teams. He did hvae his moments but the arsenal defense marshaled by koscienly allowed him and his swan-gang shots off target.
4. Sub Impact: the introduction of Ramsey and Gervinho brought a goal 4mins after. It is quite exciting that a sub provided the 2nd goal for a sub to score. Though credits must be given to Cazorla and Giroud for the role they played in the 2 goals.
5. Where is Walcott? Most probably my least performed player at South Wales and Munich, Walcott has been below par. Celebrating his 24th birthday, many expected him to bag a goal or two. The young Englishman is now on a drought. I cant remember when he scored last.
3 points, 2 goals, clean sheet and we are good to go for international break. The weekend was good for the gunners seeing Tottenhman lose to Fulham. Chelsea did win but their 6-games-16-days period is coming.
From the Nigerian perspective, the weekend was mixed. The U-20 flying eagles lost 0-1 to Mali in their opening AYC match. Heartland FC and Lobi Stars FC won 2-1 and 3-1 at home respectively in the CAF confederation cup. Kano Pillars beat Leopards FC 4-1 in the CAF champions league while Rangers played out a goalless draw away from home.
I hope Nigeria beat Kenya black and blue in Calabar in the FIFA worldcup qualifier. Enjoy your respective internationals. Hope the gunners return hale and hearty.
I’ve been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth
enough for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did,
the web will be a lot more useful than ever