My international break, like many gooners in the milky way started on a sour note with that defeat to Swansea in Wales. Two weeks of no Arsenal football has to be replaced by any other action not on the green pitch as far as the gunners are concerned.
Six Gunners joined the Three Lions camp to continue their quest to the forthcoming Euros. Podolski and Rosicky breathe the fresh air off the benches of Emirates, hoping to prove Wenger wrong. I wonder what they need to do to get games.
The injury update started good for Arsenal with Olivier Giroud already training with the team. Another dimension to the attack. At least, it will save me from seeing Sanogo warming up. Ozil, fresh from the court will be out much longer than expected. Abou Diaby signed a new 3 months contract with his club, Injury FC. I wonder how his autobiography will be.
1. Nigeria beat Congo and South Africa to qualifer for Equatorial Guinea 2015. Yes, Morocco couldn’t host the January event but will host the FIFA World Club Cup in December. Post for another day. The Eagles have an uphill task. Will Keshi, back from mini-sack, get the Eagles 6pts from 2 games?
2. England get victories in the Euro qualifier with the Arsenal boys making the headlines after scoring most or all of the goals. One for Walcott, Welbeck, Wilshere, Chamberlain, Gibbs and Chambers.
3. Rosicky and Podolski prove Arsene Wenger wrong by being the Cremè de la cremè of their respective national sides. Aha.
4. Iceland and Poland remain top of their groups with clean sheets for Szczesny. How i love Szc.
5. Bendtner gets a hattrick and prove on the pitch how his time was wasted last season. Worldbest indeed. I love this guy. Seriously.
6. Enyimba to trounce Kano Pillars despite losing the league title to the Northern side. The people’s elephant should also get the Nigerian FA cup.
7. Roger Federer to teach Andy Murray a lesson. Ooh, he has done that. Fed to win the Tour Finals in London.
8. Arsene Wenger to get ready for Manchester United.
Shikena. You can add more.
Enjoy your break.