The English Football League (EFL) can confirm that clubs will be permitted to make five substitutions for the remainder of the 2021/22 Carabao Cup competition.
The amendment comes into effect ahead of the next round of ties which takes place from Tuesday October 26, 2021
These are the new substitution rules for the Carabao Cup
- Clubs will be able to make five substitutes from nine nominated.
- Clubs will have three opportunities during open play to make substitutions (not including half-time).
- Multiple substitutions can be made during one opportunity.
- For the Semi Final second leg and the Final, an additional opportunity will be afforded during open play in extra time (not including 90 mins and half time in extra-time).
- Unspent substitutions can be a carried over in extra time.
- Provision of concussion substitutes sits outside this process and can be made at any time.